~ "Ministry is always inconvenient." Love this quote from one of Weirsbe's "Be" books (studying books of the Bible). I need to be reminded of this often since I tend to get lulled into complacency!
~ Sometime recently I was talking to Callie about animals, and that subject somehow morphed into the eggs we eat. When I asked her where the eggs come from, instead of saying "chickens" like I expected, she replied "from the 'fridgerater." Ha! You're right, Callie!
~ Our boys seem to have loads of self-confidence so far. Chase cracked us up saying, "I'm super smart." And Cole recently said, "This is easy. I'm really good at math." I hope they continue to have confidence as they grow, but maybe some humility too. ;)
~ Chase was hilarious last week as he ran from tree to tree at the park, hugging them all (I'm assuming to see if his fingers would touch, maybe to find the biggest tree?) So cute! He marches to his own drumbeat and does his own thing. And I love that he's perfectly content doing that!
~ Chase is the burping king in our house. Anytime anyone burps, he seems to feel the need to do his continual burping for a minute or two, just to show he can do so longer than anyone else here. Ha!
~ Our oldest foster son Big Boy loves the word "no." He says it ALL the time. Chase's new thing is to then ask him "Do you mean yes?" ;)
1. Chase did 4 weeks of t-ball (after doing basketball) at the local rec center. I think he enjoyed running around and playing with the other kids.
2. Callie Marie wants to be dressed up ALL the time!
3. It was a dress-up, jump-on-the-couch cushions kind of day. ;)
4. They ADORE their daddy! (Callie doesn't want Daddy to go to work lately. She cries many mornings because she wants him to stay home and be with her. She's VERY dramatic and prone to tantrums lately!)
5. Chase with his certificate for playing sports at the rec center... Notice his chin bandage? Like his brother did 2 years ago, he slipped in the bathtub and busted his chin open. :(
Unlike his brother, though, we didn't take a trip to the ER. Butterfly strips to the rescue...
6. We recently had a fabulous time at a friend's backyard party. Thank, Kathy and Zach, for hosting. Hot dogs + lots of playing with friends + an outdoor movie + great weather = awesome!
7. Jamie and I were adventurous enough to take all 5 kids to a Grasshoppers game last weekend. No major meltdowns, so I'd call it successful. ;) The kids had a grand time!
10. This is the face she has when she says "cheese" lately!
11. Cole, you're getting so big! (He got this hat at school when learning about protecting your skin from sun damage. So he wants to wear it every day now. ;)
12. I LOVE reading what Cole writes at school. He is very self-confident... and hilarious! See if you can read it. ;)
14. Chase did awesome singing with his Pre-K class yesterday at their "Spring Sing" program! The theme was "Around the World," and each class sang songs from different countries. (Chase's class had Ireland.)
15. My sweet boy with his drum.
16. Thursdays are always a little more crazy and fun around here because my mom brings Brody and Blake over after our moms' Bible study (for the rest of the afternoon). Love those boys!