~ Our foster daughter (We'll call her S.) started at Callie's preschool in Jan., and has adjusted really well. She's in a different 3-yr old class than Callie, which is probably good for both of them. They attend 3 mornings a week and are doing great.
~ Our foster daughter and the other kids are still getting along mostly well. They love to all play together and pretend to be cats/dogs/mommies/owners, etc. As all kids do, Callie and S will play really well at times, but then other times, they annoy each other intentionally. It seems like van rides (to preschool, Bible study, etc.) tend to bring out the worst in them, and both girls will say the opposite of what the other is saying... maybe just to drive me crazy?!
~ Chase's "thing" for a while now is to make us guess... He'll ask us to guess which cracker is broken, to guess what his drawing is, to guess which number he's thinking of, etc. He's hilarious!
~ Chase did his sleep-walking thing again a couple of weeks ago and kinda freaked me out. About the time I was ready to head to bed, he turned the hall light on, walked downstairs, and started walking laps around our kitchen/living room. Jamie and I just looked at each other, wondering what he was doing. Then we had to direct him to the bathroom when we realized he was doing the "pee dance." Ha! Really weird to watch a kid walk around with eyes open but know that he's not really aware of anything/anyone!
~ Cole's reading skills continue to improve. We still have to push him to practice reading, but he's slowly getting better at sounding words out.
~ Cole and Chase both say that their favorite thing about school is recess. Ha!
1. Our little "Elsa"
2. Callie's Christmas preschool craft
6. The kids love making gingerbread houses every winter... Or at least they love eating them. ;)
10. The kids were over-the-moon EXCITED for lots of snow just a few days after Christmas break was over. 7-8 inches of snow in NC meant no school for several days. (Cole was definitely the most excited to play in the snow, and for the longest too!)
11. LOVE these silly kids!!!
12. Callie (and our foster daughter) lasted maybe 30-45 minutes in the snow, and then they were done for the day. Ha!
15. We found a couple of awesome sledding hills this year. Cole and Chase had a blast!
18. Riding in the back of our new (to us) van with the boys...
20. The kids adore Nana (and reading and snuggling with her)!
22. Chase lost his FIRST tooth 11 days before his 6th birthday, and he got a "whole dollar bill" from the tooth fairy. ;)
23. The weather was pretty enough for a park just a week or two after the snow.
24. Cole started basketball 3 weeks ago, and as expected, he's enjoying it. (He seems to love all sports so far!)