Oh, and I have to mention that we did VBS at a large church in Greensboro this past week (where Jamie and I met), and the kids loved it! I was nervous about how the kids (especially Callie) would do, but they did great! Yes, Callie did cry when I dropped her off, but she was just fine and playing within a minute. VBS was from 9:30-12 every day, and I volunteered to help out with snacks. Because there were SO many kids, it was kinda crazy, but it went remarkably well. The boys have been asking when they can do it again! ;)
We're also going to our neighborhood pool a LOT these days. I probably take the kids up there for 1-2 hours 4-5 times a week (often with friends). Cole is swimming for short distances on his own now. He wears goggles all the time, and he either swims in the shallow where he can touch, or he swims close to the side in the deep, so he can take breaks when he's tired. I love that he also jumps with abandon in the water! Chase and Callie both wear puddle jumpers, and they swim all over the pool in those. The kids are all doing great in the water this year, which makes my life a little easier. ;)
1. Waiting on the parade to begin...
2. Our kids LOVED their friends Joshua and Micah, and they were thrilled to spend much of yesterday with them!
3. These are just some of the kids at the cook-out... Missing Chase and a few others...
4. Our big boy thought the sparklers were fun. ;)
5. Doing a water balloon and sheet game...
6. Thankfully the kids aren't too scared of the loud little train now. ;)
7. It was a nice, but still hot summer afternoon at the park last weekend. And yes, Chase spilled water all over him. ;)
11. After some rain this week, the kids couldn't wait to put on their boots to look for some puddles to jump in!
13. They LOVE book time with Daddy!
14. Having a little bath time fun... (Cole is mostly taking showers on his own these days, but he'll still occasionally get in the bath with the other two.)